Monday, January 18, 2016

Two cards…

Hi friends!  I have two more cards to share with you that I made this past weekend.  I think I may have rediscovered some stamping motivation this weekend, so I’m hopeful that this trend will continue!

cqc324

This first card was made for someone at church, and I used the Colour Q #324 colors for this week…

ColourQ 324

I used Peerless watercolors for the background, painted over the Large Grid background stamp from Simon Says Stamp.  (I think that background stamp is seriously one of the best stamping purchases I’ve ever made!)  I created the sentiment by using part of a lable stamp from Altenew’s Label Love stamp set, and the You die from Simon Says.  I did two layers of black and one layer of celery card stock for the die cut, and coated it with Glossy Accents, then layered it over a silver thread bundle.  I added a silver metallic card stock band behind the main panel and embellished with some clear sequins.

This second card is for my dear aunt, who had a birthday yesterday (and I hope will be happy with my card even though it’s late!)  Aunt Thead is my oldest aunt and has always been more like a Grandma to me… she is my Dad’s oldest sister, and two years later is still taking his passing pretty hard.  I think this was her 91st birthday (I can never keep it straight!) and I haven’t had the chance to visit with her in months as she lives 3 hours away.  I miss her so much, and pray that her birthday was a happy day.

for Aunt Thead

Several weeks ago I had some stamping friends over to my house, and we played around with ink smooshing.  My friend Sherri created a gorgeous piece using this Roses All Over background stamp from My Favorite Things, and a combination of Abandoned Coral, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry distress inks.  So for this card, I thought I’d give her beautiful color combo a try!  I added a vellum strip with the “birthday” sentiment stamped from the DC Happy Everything set from MFT, and the happy was die-cut in silver metallic card stock using the Happy Duo Die-Namics.  I embellished simply with a few silver sequins.

If you’re lucky enough to have today off work (as I am!) then please enjoy your Monday!  Or well, regardless of what your Monday brings, I hope you are happy and blessed!

4 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Oh wow Tammy, love these gorgeous cards!!!

Sherri said...

Wonderful ways to use the ink smooshing backgrounds! The ones I made have yet to be turned into cards... I guess I'm holding them in reserve. I'm glad your stamping mojo is returning -- I love seeing your creations which are so bright and cheerful!!

LeAnne said...

These are wonderful! I might have to check out that grid stamp, it looks awesome the way you used it here!

Juliana said...

These are so pretty!! You make me want to get messy!!
(yeah, I didn't mean that to sound as strange as it does :/ )