Saturday, September 26, 2015

You Are My Sunshine

I had a whole Friday evening to myself, so of course I spent some time stamping!  One thing I decided to try with the card I made was the new Share Joy Challenge I’d been hearing about!  The objective of the challenge is to create a card to send or give to someone, which I love and have really tried hard to do a lot more of in the last few years!

Now, I have to admit I didn’t check out the challenge very carefully before I got started.  This card just sort of came together, and then when I went to the blog to look up the challenge I realized I was either supposed to make a card based on the sketch, or make a clean and simple card, or both.  Well, clearly I didn’t follow the sketch but do you think this qualifies as clean and simple?  It’s certainly much cleaner and simpler than cards I used to make, anyway!

You Are My Sunshine

I started out with my new Grid Background stamp from Simon Says Stamp, stamping with Versamark on watercolor card stock, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Over the Grid I did a watercolor wash with Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers distress inks.  Once that was dry, I splattered some Ripe Persimmon, Fossilized Amber, and Squeezed Lemonade distress inks on the background.  I cut a brand new Stitched Fishtail Frames from My Favorite Things from Tangy Orange card stock, and added a die-cut sunshine from the Simon Says Pure Sunshine die.  I cut a Fishtail Flags STAX from yellow polka dot paper from the Dots & Stripes Sorbet paper pack, stamped the sentiments from the Pure Sunshine stamp set, and die-cut the “sunshine” to add to it.  I added the Cloud Bank die-cut in the background, and a few enamel dots to complete the card.

The Simon Says Monday Challenge this week is to create a card using stamps (no digis), so I’ll be entering this at that challenge, too!

Another thing they ask with the Share Joy challenge is that you leave a comment saying who you’re giving or sending your card to.  Every now and then when I make a card that I don’t have a specific person in mind to give it to, I’ll post a photo of it on my Facebook page and tell my friends that if someone can use it, to just say the word and it’s theirs.  So that’s my plan with this card, because I don’t have anyone specific in mind to send it to. 

Happy weekend!  Thanks for visiting my blog today!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours, definitely sunshiny! Love the pop of orange against the blue wash

Lisa H. said...

I love it Tammy! Such a gorgeous creation with that background and great layout. The colors are beautiful!

Celeste Goff said...

Tammy, your cards are always so beautiful! I love the background on this one!

Sandra said...

What a fun card. I love the grid in the back, so cool. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Alina said...

so pretty, Tammy!

Joan Ervin said...

I love this, Tammy....such an awesome design with all the super cool elements!!! I'm glad you decided to join the Share Joy challenge...it looks pretty CAS to me!! I think you need to send it to me cause you love me and want me to be happy!!!!!

Jen Shults said...

This is gorgeous! Clean and simple is subjective!! If it's clean and simple for you then it works. :) Thanks for joining us!!