Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Color Throwdown #354

Color Throwdown #354 cropped

Hello friends, and welcome to Wednesday!  Otherwise known as Hump Day, otherwise known as the last day I have to work until Monday!  Whooohooo, I took a few paid days off and created myself a 4-day weekend/stay-cation, and I can’t wait!  At 5:00 p.m. today Eastern time, you will hear me holler!  :)

But before I get carried away, let’s get to today’s Color Throwdown challenge!  Wanda is our hostess today for challenge #354 and she’s got some pretty, earthy colors for you to try…

swatch 354

I stuck with the earthy-theme and used this cute gnome who’s totally diggin’ things!

Color Throwdown #354

The gnome is from the You Gnome Me Birdie Brown stamp set at My Favorite Things, and I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch #280 for the layout (GREAT sketch, don’t you think?)  On the Peach Bellini card stock panel I stamped the BG Woodgrain background in Peach Bellini hybrid ink, and on the Berrylicious card stock strip I stamped the BG Diagonal Stripes background with Berrylicious hybrid ink.  The gnome was stamped on watercolor card stock and I colored with my Zig Clean Color markers.  I added a strip of grass that was die-cut with the Grassy Fields Die-Namics and a flag from Blueprints 12, both cut from Jellybean Green card stock.  I embellished with a few enamel dots to complete the design.

Be sure to stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details.  Visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration, including my uber-talented friend Lindsay Amrhein who’s joining us this month as Guest Designer!

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Lindsay Amrhein, August Guest Designer
Jen Wills, Guest Star Stamper  Hey gnomies, thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a sweet card Tammy! I love that little gnome!

Lisa H. said...

such a sweet card. The gnome is perfect for these colors and I love that you used those zig markers to color him up. so cute!

Juliana said...

AAACK, Tammy!!
This gnome is the cutest!!!
I love your coloring!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Tammy. That is on handsome gnome! :) The colors look so pretty together in the background.

Joan Ervin said...

Beautiful coloring on that adorable little gnome, Tammy...love this!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

...and I'm totally digging your card! Those gnomes always make me smile!

Lori said...

Adorable! Love how you watercolored the gnome image. Hope you enjoyed your staycation!