Tuesday, May 5, 2015

TCPTuesday #289 – Inspiration Challenge

TCPTuesday289-2 cropped by Tammy Hershberger Our TCPTuesday #289 Inspiration Challenge is still going on this week, so if you haven't made time to join us yet, get busy!  All you need to do is create something using the photos below as inspiration!  And you don't even have to use stamps from The Cat's Pajamas, but if you do you will win more Cat Cash to spend! TCPTUES-289_Inspiration I made another card this week, inspired by the white flowers in the jars on the right side and the shades of peach and green...
TCPTuesday289-2 by Tammy Hershberger Using the Simple Blooms stamp set, I stamped the silhouette flowers with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder on watercolor card stock.  Then I used some peach, coral and green inks to add some splashes of color behind the flowers, as well as to splatter some coral ink onto the card front.  I also added some splatter with some heirloom gold spray to the background.  I sadly found that I needed a sympathy card last week, so I added a sentiment from the Simply Said stamp set and some antique gold sequins for embellishment.  I offset the watercolor panel onto a piece of dark green card stock, then mounted to a kraft base.  My design was inspired by this card by the fabulous Debby Hughes. So c'mon, what're you waiting for?  Join us this week for the TCPTuesday challenge!  Details are on the TCP blog. LIke (2) And hey, while you're at it be sure to go "like" The Cat's Pajamas on Facebook!  There's a great contest going on right now, and $15 in Cat Cash is being given away for every 50 likes!  Wooohooo! Thanks for stopping by today!









5 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

A beautiful and serene card that strikes just the right sympathetic note. Well done Tammy.

Lori said...

This is stunning, Tammy! Love the soft color wash around the embossed flowers.

Irene said...

Gorgeous! The white embossing and coral wash is so eyecatching ...perfect for the sentiment!

Celeste Goff said...

Tammy, your cards are always amazing! I love the soft, pretty wash of color on the background!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely breathtaking card! And I love how you made it a sympathy card. I'm always struggling to hit the right balance when I make a sympathy card (not obnoxiously perky, but not drab, either) and you really nailed it here. I love the soft tones, yet it still has a feeling of hope. This would definitely make me feel better if I were going through some dark times. Excellent work and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!