Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Geek!

So, this past week My Favorite Things came out with some new Die-Namics… the Geek is Chic Glasses.  And I don’t know where it came from but this idea for this card just developed from those great geeky glasses!.
The Geek
I cut out the glasses from three layers of Black Licorice card stock, then glued them together and applied some Glossy Accents.  The crew-cut hair was cut from Tangy Orange card stock using the Fresh Cut Grass Die-Namics.  And then, I was able to borrow the Suit & Tie Die-Namics from my friend Kirsty (thanks girlfriend!) for the tie!  I cut the tie from Blu Raspberry card stock, then cut strips from Wild Cherry card stock using one of the Fishtail Flags STAX dies.  Around the border of the Smooth White card stock base, I sponged Black Licorice hybrid ink using the Diagonal Stripes stencil.
My card measures 9 1/4” x 4” and will fit in a #10 envelopes.  However, I really prefer my cards to open from the bottom, so I cut another piece of Smooth White card stock measuring 4” x 11” and folded it in half so it’s almost A2 size, and adhered to the back of the card front.
The Geek side view
On the inside I added another pair of glasses cut from Black Licorice card stock with the Geek is Chic Glasses, and a sentiment stamped in Steel Grey hybrid ink from the new LLD Geek is Chic stamp set.
The Geek inside
Here are my supplies…


Stamps:  LLD Geek is Chic
Dies/Stencils:  Geek is Chic Glasses, Suit & Tie, Fresh Cut Grass, Fishtail Flags STAX; Diagonal Stripes stencil
Card stock:  Smooth White card stock, Tangy Orange card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Black Licorice card stock
Inks:  Black Licorice hybrid ink, Steel Grey hybrid ink
Accessories:  Glossy Accents (Ranger)
SO…. I hope you like my Geek!  And thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

LOL, this is the funniest card ever, I LOVE it!