Thursday, August 21, 2014

Deconstructed Sketch #165

Deconstructed Sketch #165 cropped by Tammy Hershberger
Oh my, how time flies!  Here it is Thursday once again, and it’s time for another Deconstructed Sketch!
sketch165
This one is definitely going to be used again… LOVE this layout, and the limitless possibilities!  I decided to show some love to some neglected stamps in my stash this week, so here’s my card…
Deconstructed Sketch #165 by Tammy Hershberger
I stopped by the Color Q blog and found the colors for challenge #255 to be a nice starting point for my creation.  My only exception is I had to add a few yellow flowers to my bouquet for some contrast.  :)  My flowers are all from the Wplus9 Design Fresh Cut Florals stamp set.  On the Soft Sky circle in the center, I stamped the new BG Cheesecloth background stamp from My Favorite Things.  I used some Grout Gray card stock in the background, stamping the lower half with the BG Diagonal Stripes background in Olive hybrid ink.  On the top half I stamped an Impression Obsession polka dot background stamp using Grout Gray hybrid ink.  I actually had a happy accident occur when I did that.  The stamp must not have been cleaned very well from the last time I used it, and I ended up with some shades of lavender and green that mixed with the Grout Gray ink, but still goes well with the colors of the card!
Be sure to stop over at Jen’s blog for all the details on the Deconstructed Sketch today, and visit the rest of the team for more inspiration…

(I’ve got quite a bit of products from My Favorite Things that I used on this card, but since they’re in the process of launching a new website, I think the links will change so for now I don’t have any links for you!)
Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Lyn said...

Wow Tammy I love this and what an awesome sketch for this week.

Jen Mitchell said...

Pretty Tammy! I love the cluster of flowers and that fantastic blend of stripes and dots!

Kim Heggins said...

Tammy...this is one gorgeous card! I love your sweet flowers and they look just fabulous in this week's colors. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ and I hope to see you again next week!

Jane said...

Your card just jumped out at me - really stunning!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Tammy! I love that layout too, and your florals were perfect for it! Thanks for sharing this with us at the CQC this week!

Claire said...

Absolutely stunning - a perfect use of those colours! Love the blue backdrop to the flowers. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q.!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous mix of colors....never would have thought of that combo!! Love it!