Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thanks a Latte

The new release of stamps last week at Reverse Confetti pushed me over the edge, and I was “forced” to make my first purchase.  LOL  Twist my arm, but I just couldn’t resist the new Be a Barista stamp set, with the cool coffee designs to stamp inside the cup.  I’m looking forward to more fun with this stamp set, as well as the new Tag Me Confetti Cuts dies, too.
So, even though I’m too late to enter for this month I just had to give the Sketch for You to Try for November a go.  And here’s my card…
NOVSFYTT
I used some Glitz papers from my stash for this card design, and used a little strip of the gingham to paper piece on the cup, as well.  Recently one of my beloved aunts passed away, and my family traveled last Sunday for a 7-hour round trip to go to her calling hours in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.  We met up with my Dad, my uncle and two of my other aunts at the funeral home, they also being from Ohio, so therefore a little far from home for the day.  My cousin’s wonderful mother-in-law with some help from her family and a neighbor laid out a wonderful spread of food for our families to enjoy between the two sets of calling hours, and it was just such an amazing gesture on their part.  It relieved us of having to sit in a noisy restaurant, spend extra money, and gave us time to just relax and visit.  So I made this card to send to Mrs. Haines as a thank you.
This card also fits in with the Catered Crop Thank You Kindly Recipe Swap this week to make thank you cards.
And as you can see from the inside, I started writing the thank you and then realized I hadn’t photographed it yet!  LOL
NOVSFYTT inside
We’re supposed to have some beautiful Fall weather here in Northeast Ohio today!  I hope your weekend is awesome too, wherever you are!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lisa H. said...

wow! I love this Tammy! those papers, how you did up the coffee cup and the stitching....it's fabulous eye candy!

Linda McClain said...

Holy Freakin' Cow! This is beyond stunning. I love all the amazing details.

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Tammy, I absolutely adore your card and I LOVE that new RC Be a Barista stamp...I don't think I 'm going to be able to resist that set either and now after seeing your gorgeous card I think you sealed the deal :)....the little band of gingham on the cup is too cute and I love the colours and layout!
Hugs,t