Thursday, October 31, 2013

Washi’s Up?-A Card and my *NEW* Blog Design!

Catered Crop
I got a great surprise earlier this week when I checked out Linda’s Catered Crop blog and found that my card was one of the Winning Recipes from the “Orange is the New Black” challenge!  What fun, and such a great honor especially coming from the fabulous Linda whose stamping style I admire so much! 
SO… the new Recipe Swap is “Washi’s Up?”  We’re crazy about gorgeous, translucent, eco-friendly, Japanese masking tape – Washi Tape. If you haven’t gotten your hands it yet, here’s your chance. Just use Washi Tape somewhere in your project.
  • Include a link to Catered Crop or add the button, which you can grab on Linda’s sidebar or in her {button gallery}.
  • Link up and link often, but be sure you link up by 8:00 PM EST on Saturday, November 9.
  • Keep the party hopping by visiting the other players and leaving comments.
  • Check back on November 10 to see if you’ve won an opportunity to be a guest designer.
So, here’s my Washi card for this new Recipe Swap, but I’m sure it won’t be the last one I’ll do for this challenge…
Washi's Up Recipe Swap
I had been wanting to play with this idea for awhile, so this challenge was the perfect opportunity.  I applied some black polka dot Washi tape to a piece of vellum, then cut it out with the Mustache Cut-Ups die from The Cat’s Pajamas.  I added the sentiment from the Mustache stamp set (also from TCP) then embellished with more Washi… the rainbow-colored mustache tape from Doodlebug and the black and white mustache Washi (source unknown).
My design also works for the current TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat’s Pajamas to use NO embellishments.  As much as I wanted to add some enamel dots to this design, I (Washi) taped my hands behind my back and resisted the urge!  :)
So, be sure to hop over to the Catered Crop blog and check out the Washi’s Up? challenge, and play along!  I’ll be looking forward to your creations!
AND…. tell me what you think of my fabulous new blog design?  I’m SO excited to have something that’s unique and exclusive and all mine!  I discovered Stephanie G Designs recently and decided to have her do a custom design for me, and I. JUST. LOVE. IT!  The banner includes the Written on His Hands font that Kimberly Geswein designed using MY hand writing, and I so appreciate that Stephanie worked that into the design.  So… whadya’ think?
That’s all for today, but please stop by again tomorrow when I have some more fun news to share.  Oh, and…

9 comments:

Lisa H. said...

Tammy, I love this. what a great card. love the polka dotted mustache and the rainbow of washi in the background. thanks for playing with us at TCP.

Broni said...

What a fun card, Tammy! Congrats on that win! And I LOVE your new blog design!! Clean and super cute and so YOU!!

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness...that card is just too cute! I can see why it was a winner - congrats! Your blog design is awesome...crisp and clean and unique to you!

Pattie said...

Love your card and the blog design is great! So cool you could use your handwriting font!!!

Linda McClain said...

Oh my. That couldn't be more perfect for our Washi challenge. I love it. And your new blog design rocks! I love our clean and popping it is.

Judy Rozema said...

Tammy, your blog looks amazing!!

LeAnne said...

Very cute & fun....as is your new blog design! Awesome!

Lori said...

This is too fun! I love the polka dot washi tape mustache. Your new blog design is great--love that your handwriting font is incorporated into the design.

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just FAB! What a great solution to a tough challenge! Thank you for playing on TCP Tuesday