Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Spring - MFTWSC117

MFTWSC117
Happy Spring, HAHA!  Mother Nature and Punxsutawney Phil are laughing their heads off at us Midwesterners with our snow-covered “Spring!”  It sure doesn’t look like the gorgeous scene on this card, but we can always hope that Spring will actually show up soon!
This is my card for today’s Wednesday Stamp Club sketch for My Favorite Things using the new Inspired by the Front Porch-Spring stamp set.  I LOVE having a front porch… love to decorate with throw pillows, hanging baskets, rocking chairs, everything.  Trouble is, right now I don’t have a front porch and I miss it!  We just have a stoop… barely big enough for two people.  So I have to be satisfied with my old swing hanging in the tree instead, which is just as nice, but you can’t decorate as much under dirty old trees.  Instead we have something you can’t have on the front porch… a fire pit!  LOL
For my card, I used papers from Dear Lizzy “5th & Frolic” paper pad, and embellished with a Mini Rolled Rose Die-Namics with leaves from the Upsy Daisy Die-Namics.  I also added a Small Scallop Border and used my Fishtail Flags STAX for the sentiment.
MFTWSC117
You can also find the sketch on the MFT blog and in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. And the Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started, too!
I hope you’ll play along!  Happy stamping!
signature 3

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Tammy- glad you are joining us this month :)

Melody said...

So pretty! It looks like spring on that porch.

Lisa H. said...

gosh, is this ever pretty! love that image in a circle!

Dolly LaBelle said...

I can see the tall glass of lemonade sitting on the table. Very nice image, Hopefully it does warm up soon.

Karen Motz said...

I'm ready for spring darn it!!! Those yellow cushions and that lovely front porch look sooooo inviting!!

Theresa said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the porch and you paired it with some beautiful paper. Hope you're doing well.

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Kathy Straw said...

Amazing coloring! Love the card.

Sarah Gough said...

So so gorgeous! I wish I was brave enough to attempt to colour this stamp!

Dolly LaBelle said...

I went looking and the first card I spied was yours! You are everywhere. I love this Spring card, and it feels so warm.