Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Color Throwdown #235

swatch 235
It’s Wednesday, and that means time for another Color Throwdown challenge!  Denise is our hostess this week, and she has this color combo for today that’s inspired by these delectable cupcakes!  Oh my, they look delish!
I struggled with these colors.  They’re a little mono-chromatic to me, and that always puts a roadblock up on my creative mojo.  However, I snuck a little peek at some of the cards from the other team members this week, and saw that Broni used an old My Mind’s Eye paper pad on her card.  Once I looked and found the same pad, and papers that worked well with these colors, I was off and running!  Here’s my card, using the Mojo Monday sketch #286 for this week…
CTD235
I decided to have some fun with a stamp set I hadn’t yet inked up from Papertrey Ink for my card, and played up on the arrow element in the sentiment by adding an arrow cut with my Lead the Way Die-Namics from My Favorite Things.  I embossed the background with a brick wall embossing folder and added a few chocolate brown pearls for embellishment.
Be sure to stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration!
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Wanda Cullen
Kim Howard, March Guest Designer
Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy stamping!
signature 3

5 comments:

Dolly LaBelle said...

I love that playful card! Cute and of course another wonderful design.

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Very pretty,Love the sentiment...

Basement Stamper said...

OMG, now this card is hilarious, love it!

Lori said...

Great birthday card, Tammy! Love how you used the sketch.

Joan Ervin said...

Love your take on the Mojo sketch, Tammy....what a fun sentiment and how cool to use the arrow!!!!